The Feldenkrais Method is for anyone who wants to reconnect with their natural abilities to move, think and feel. Whether you want to be more comfortable sitting at your computer, playing with your children and grandchildren, or performing a favorite pastime, these gentle lessons can improve your overall well being.
Learning to move with less effort makes daily life easier. Because the Feldenkrais Method focuses on the relationship between movement and thought, increased mental awareness and creativity accompany physical improvements. Everyone, from athletes and artists to administrators and attorneys, can benefit from the Feldenkrais Method.
We improve our well being when we learn to fully use ourselves. Our intelligence depends upon the opportunity we take to experience and learn on our own. This self learning leads to full, dynamic living.
A few examples:
- Comfort in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, feet, hands, pelvis, jaw, and more
- Improved flexibility and quality of movement.
- Greater ease and pleasure in all your physical activities.
- Reduced muscular tension and stress.
- Relief from muscular-skeletal and joint pain.
- Improved mood, self-image, and energy levels.
- A life long tool for health and improvement.
- Renewed vitality and sense of well-being
There is a very good description of the Feldenkrais Method® in the book “The Brain’s Way of Healing” by Norman Doidge, chapter 5.